Monday, June 30, 2008

New Home for our blog

So I really think I am the last person I know to switch over to blogger. I am finally giving into the pressure from others! :) I haven't updated our old blog in a while. I think my last post was over a month ago and I couldn't even get my pictures to load right. Anyway so since that post, things have been continuing along well. I now have less than 10 weeks until my due date, which I cannot believe. I am afraid of these next 2 months going by a little too quickly. We have so much to do and after working all day I rarely feel like going home and getting any of these things done. I am hoping this three day weekend coming up will provide me with more time to get a few things organized around the house.
McKay and I headed out of town for about 10 days mid June. We drove out to California to go to the Redwoods and then drive up the Oregon Coast to Portland. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed the leisurely scenic drive. We had the dogs with us too, they are great travelers and we love to take them with us when we are able to. We arrived in Portland on Fathers Day and got to spend the afternoon and evening with my whole family at Joe and Rachelle's for a Father's Day BBQ. It was great timing and so nice to see everyone as soon as we got into town. And it was great to actually be in town on Fathers Day, since we miss all holidays with my side of the family except Christmas and Thanksgiving every other year.
We stayed at my parents in St. Helen's and were able to make it to each of my sibling’s homes this time while we were in town. It was nice to be able to spend time with each of them and their families.
My sisters and my mom threw me my first baby shower which was great! Everyone was so generous and thoughtful with their gifts, it was a ton of help in getting us started with this whole baby thing, since up to that point we really had almost nothing. I just want to thank all my friends and family that showed up to the shower. It was so good to see everyone and get to visit with everyone. I miss living close to all of you and I miss the better friendships we had when I did live in town. I love when I come home, and I am able to see you, that it seems like no time has gone by since we last spoke. We are able to just pick up from where we last left off. Those are special friendships to me! So thank you! I don’t have our few pictures from the trip uploaded at this point. McKay and I left the camera at home and ended up buying some disposable cameras on our trip. I felt like I was back in middle school using those things. And no worries even if you buy the highest speed of film, the prints still suck when you get them developed. We had a few that turned out okay so when I get them uploaded to our computer I’ll post them.
Well I hope we (I) can keep up this blog a little better than my last one. You can thank Lora for this post since she called me out in her post as being the worst at updating everyone! :) Pictures to come soon!

Much Love,
denene

9 comments:

Emily said...

Welcome to blogger!

The Marlatt's said...

Yeah!! I am so excited that you are a blogspotter!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Unknown said...

hurray, you finally made the switch, and you updated! I hope the pregnancy is going well, post a picture of the belly! We will have to get together soon, I think it is my turn to host.

Holwege Family said...

So glad you finally joined our little blogspot family!

The McDonalds said...

Yes! Love you!!

Little Star said...

I love the Hardwoods in your house...

lvs2dance said...

Yay, I am glad that you switched over...I could never get the pictures that you posted to upload so I could see them. It sounds like you had a great trip and I am excited for you to have your little one! I got the invite to your baby shower and I will for sure be there!

RBS said...

I am glad that you decided to join the rest of us. I think that blogging is a great way to keep up to date and we see the two of you so rarely that this will be great. We are so excited to get to know the new baby!
Roxanne

Tara H. said...

Yeah, welcome to the blogspot world.
It was so great to see you the last couple of weeks.
We love you guys!
Love,
Buddy, Tara, Will, Emma, and Tyler