Friday, July 11, 2008

Utah to Cali to Oregon

So I am finally getting around to posting some of the pictures from our trip to the Redwoods and up the Oregon Coast. I believe I mentioned in my prior post that we had to use disposable cameras because we left our digital at home, so the quality of some of the pictures is not the best but better than nothing! We'll start with the Redwoods:

So the first night we drove to Winnemucca, NV and stayed in this really nice hotel that I booked for us.... oh wait no it wasn't nice and McKay said to me "maybe next time don't book the cheapest hotel you can find." I thought that I was being smart and thrifty, oh well we survived. The next morning we got up and drove all the way to the Redwoods. It took us the whole day. We camped at one of the camp grounds inside the Redwoods. It was so nice and each camp area is secluded because of the tree's and brush. We loved it! The next morning we got up took down our camp and did some exploring. Below are some of the pics from our day.


McKay Hugging one of those big tree's in the Redwoods


I don't know how we'll this one will post. Me and the dogs hanging out of the sunroof.


McKay on a big stump.


McKay and the dogs by a steam in the Redwoods, it was really pretty down there.


Just one of the dogs...Miles looks so thrilled in this picture! :)

So after our day at the Redwoods we started up the Oregon Coast. It was so beautiful and I didn't realize how much of the coast line you do get to see while you are driving. We stayed right on the Ocean for quite a while. That night we camped at Beverly Beach which is between Depot Bay and Newport if I remember right. The camp ground was not as good as the Redwoods, but it worked out for us. We enjoyed a nice windy walk on the beach that night and a great sunset!!



Shadows of us...this is the type of picture I like of myself these days. The rest you can see how fat my face is getting. :(


Even the dogs enjoyed the Ocean view.



It got pretty windy...just look at Griffin's face in the second picture; he really was ready to go. He kept making his little whining noise at this point until we left. And Miles just looks so cute! :)


Windy but don't you just love the Oregon Coast. It is so pretty!



A couple of other views. Me and the dogs and then if you look above you can see McKay on the other side of the weeds....I wonder what he was doing?? :)


Just another view.


Here we are our little family at Haystack Rock. I can handle that these pics aren't too large; it makes me feel a little better about posting ones with me in them.




So this is going to have to do it for this post. I'll post some of the other pictures I have just from being in Portland later. This already took way too long. But hey at least I am getting this caught up and up to date. The above pics are taken of us up above Manzanita Beach. I love this little look out it is so pretty!! Until next time....

5 comments:

Emily said...

love the pictures! It makes me miss home a little. By-the-way, you look great and shouldn't complain about yourself in pictures! You are so cute pregant!!

The Marlatt's said...

A pregnant lady is beautiful??!!! These are awesome pictures. We will have to take that drive up sometime!

Lauren said...

Yeah most of those turned out great for using a disposable camera. And remember, even though you may feel gross your little one is going to want to see prego pics of you some day! Can't wait to see more!
Love you!

The McDonalds said...

Hey! Ditto on Simmons comments. You look GREAT! I can't believe you took some of those pics with a disposable camera. They turned out well. I was excited to see some recent pics of you and McKay! I'll give you a bit before I bug you for more...

Ashley said...

Love the little belly you're sporting. We just got back from P-town and always miss it when we leave too. Looks like it was a good trip. Miss you.