Thursday, July 9, 2009

Finally...I know I know!

We are here and alive! :) I know I don't update this, but our computer went on the fritz and then when we got it fixed I couldn't find the camera until yesterday. So I have been at home full time now for just over 2 months. So far it is going great! McKay was pretty busy and not around very much the first month and a half or so. But things have calmed for him lately and we have been able to do a lot of hanging out. A Firefighters life really is great...well I guess if you can handle the lower income, which has actually be very easy to adjust to. We love the spare time he has for us to do things together!

Carter update...he now has 6 teeth and is working on a couple more as we speak. He is growing a lot and finally started crawling on Fathers Day. He already pulled himself up and walked along furniture but just didn't crawl...I don't think walking is too far off, maybe just another month or two. He is tons of fun right now but definitely starting to develop his own ideas on what he wants to do, not what mom wants him to do. It is fun to watch him grow and to be able to be home with him so that I don't miss a thing! We all LOVE it!

So I took a couple of pics of Carter this afternoon outside and shirtless so we could post something that was actually up to date of him.







Last month we decided to go hike the "Y", if you don't know what that is it is a huge letter Y on the mountain behind BYU. Anyway I have lived here for 7 years and I had never done it. It is pretty steep but not too horrible of a hike. Here are a couple of pictures from the top.





We are looking forward to hopefully doing some more fun things throughout the summer and we are especially looking forward to my little sisters wedding at the end of the summer! We hope all is well and maybe now that I found the camera I'll start taking more pics and posting more often!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

It's about time! :) It's great to see some updated pics of you guys! I can't believe you never hiked the Y! Adam and I did it when we were either dating or engaged. It is a total Utah rite of passage! Now McKay will have to take you through the caves where his pants fell down...

Tara H. said...

Don't worry. I lived here for 24 years and have never hiked the Y yet. We will have to go next year and all hike it together.
Yeah for updates or for finding lost cameras.
xoxox