Monday, September 28, 2009

Carters 1st Birthday

Well Carter turned 1 year old a month ago yesterday so I thought I should finally post the pics. We were lucky enough to be in Portland for the special day. It was a lot of fun to share his first Birthday with the family up there. My sisters and their families came over and we all had a lot of fun!


Carter is pretty excited about all his presents!


I was surprised that he actually opened each gift. I thought he'd be too distracted but he did great!


So happy about all his awesome presents. He is clapping in this picture and you can be sure that there were about 15 other people on the other side of this camera clapping back at him, which he thought was pretty awesome.


Of course the boxes were a lot of fun too.


It is time for cake can you tell this one is excited!


First taste.


Now he is into it pretty good!


Mmmmm more Cake.


And a happy little 1 Year old to finish off the post!

Everything else with us is going well! Carter still isn't walking on his own. He loves to walk all around as long as he has one of his little walkers, furniture or a hand to hang onto. Other than that he is your typical 1 year old, finding attitude, getting into everything, trying to figure out a new nap routine and emptying out drawers though out the house.

The pregnancy is going well, we had our ultra sound last week and everything looked great. If you haven't heard we are having a girl, and even though we were hoping for another little boy we are excited about having a girl. :) It has made everything all the more real as I now have to actually think about names and what we need for her. I have a few names in mind but McKay hasn't given me any thoughts on them. I changed my mind so much with Carter, that I doubt we'll decide on a name any time soon. It took us until Carter was two days old to finally decide on his.

So that is about it for us. September was busy and I can't believe it is almost over. McKay has been working a lot again and also has had a few other things going on so we haven't seen a whole lot of him lately. We are taking a little three day trip in October so that will be nice to have that time with him around. Then he gets to go hunting for a week which he is pretty happy about. It sounds like I am going to get a few visitors during October too, which always brightens my world!! Well we hope all is well with you all! Take care.

4 comments:

Holwege Family said...

He is so adorable! Can you clone him for me? Glad things are going well for the pregnancy. I can't wait to shop for her!

Ashley said...

He is sooo cute! All grown up opening each gift. Happey Belated Birthday little man.

Tara H. said...

Ooohhh, he is so cute!! Happy Birthday, albeit late, mr. Carter! Loves and kisses!!
xoxox

Lauren said...

I can't believe I just now saw this post. Carter is so stinkin' cute and I love how happy he is in all these pics! Can't wait to see Miss WadSquad :)