Wednesday, September 17, 2008

3 Weeks in...

So we are officially three weeks into parenthood today. So far things are pretty good. Carter has a night every once in a while where he doesn't sleep quite as well but those have been survivable. The past week he has been sleeping pretty good, he is getting up every three hours to eat still. So mom still gets a little tired here and there. It is nice to have so much time off of work, there is noway I am ready to be anywhere by 8:00am. I have a hard time getting out of the house by Noon right now. I am sure that once Carter starts sleeping longer at night that I figure out how exactly to get myself and a baby out the door by a certain time. For now I am taking advantage and trying to just sleep as long as he does in the morning.
We took Carter in for his 2 week appointment last week and he weighed in at 6 lbs 6 Oz and at 20 inches long.  We asked the nurse, you mean he grew 2 inches in two weeks, she said no, that the hospital doesn't usually get the best of measurements right after they are born.  So he was probably closer to 20 inches instead of the 18 they measured at birth.  They were happy with his progress since he is back over his birth weight but still pretty tiny!  He is slowly looking like he is putting meat on his bones.  It is hard to tell when you see him all day every day though.  Below are a few of the pictures we have taken over the past couple of weeks.

After bath time...if you think he is asleep he is not, I just put in his bink and when he is really upset and crying this is what he looks like once that bink is in place.

McKay has discovered that he'll latch onto his nose if he is really hungry.

I guess he is still pretty skinny by the looks of this picture. You can see Grif at the top of this picture smelling him.  The dogs still like to smell him a couple of times a day, or whenever someone comes over and holds him.

McKays Fire Captain and his wife came down last week on their Harley's, they thought Carter was so small he could fit in one of their saddle bags so we tried it out and he fit perfect.

He seemed pretty content once inside too.  No worries they didn't drive anywhere with him in there.  This is his Captain's wife's Harley, it was pretty nice.  It actually made me think twice about not wanting McKay to have one.  It would be fun to have, it may even be fun to learn to ride one myself!!  Maybe when I am a little older....oh and we have the money to get some sort of bike.
Well things really are going well!  I just had my first 2 days without McKay or my parents around, he went to work this week.  It went really well actually.  By the second day it was routine just like before I had a kid.  Now I have the company of Carter, Griffin and Miles while McKay is away.  It isn't so bad. :)


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys- just found your blog. Your baby is pretty stinkin' cute. Congrats! Hope everything is going well for you.

Holwege Family said...

I knew you'd be a natural. Glad to hear things are going so well. Thanks for updating the pictures.

Lauren said...

I love how light his hair is, it reminds me of Adam's baby pictures :)
I also love the black and white blanket you have.
He is still so tiny! I'm glad he is healthy and well though, and that you and McKay are getting used to things. Keep the pictures coming !!

The Marlatt's said...

I love that picture of McKay and Carter. Sounds like you are doing good!

Millers! said...

Congratulations Denene, he is such a handsome little man! Glad you are adjusting well... he really is a cute baby... is it ok if I add you to my "friends" link?

lvs2dance said...

He is so tiny! All of my babies were that size, it is hard to imagine them ever being that little. I can't wait to meet him!

Tara H. said...

Oh, he is such a cute muffin! I can't wait to give him kisses all over. I am glad that everything is going so well. It is an adjustment, but like you said, it just becomes the new norm. Can't wait to see all of you in two weeks!
Love you

KStar said...

Your little guy is sooooo dang cute! I am glad Denene was able to bring him in to work today to meet everyone. Looks like you guys are really enjoying parenthood so far- congrats!

Anonymous said...

He is so beautiful!! What a good little mama you are!

Bascetta~Bryant Family said...

D!! I am ready for more pictures!! You guys look great and I am so happy that everyone is happy and healthy. Hope you are adjusting well...Love and miss you! K

Tolman Family said...

Congratulations! He's precious! We're so happy you both are well and doing great!

Take care.

Justin and Libby