Monday, September 1, 2008

New Edition to the Wadsquad: Carter Adam

On August 27th at 2:38 a.m. we were blessed with the arrival of Carter Adam: all 6 lbs., 18 inches of him. He looked all gooey and gross at first and daddy wanted to throw him back because he was such a small one. However, the nurses quickly cleaned him off and under all that afterbirth was love at first sight. Like a butterfly emerging from a cacoon, a cute little boy emerged from something so alienesque. Denene and I are in for a grand adventure. Mommy's doing great so far, but daddy has a hard time with the diapers. When it's time for changing, every time without fail, daddy removes the old diaper just in time for Carter to switch on the pump and UH OH! FULL ALERT!pepe everywhere! I think he's going to be a fireman like daddy. Come to find out, sometimes the small fish are keepers! Carter Adam welcome to the family!

McKay wrote the above so I am just going to add in some pictures.  We are so happy to have Carter here with us.  He is so cute and so sweet, we just can't get enough of him.  He is worth the sleepless nights.  For those that don't know I ended up having to have a C-Section because of some blood pressure issues that came up last week and then Carter's heart rate started to drop with each contraction I had.  Thank goodness I have a great doctor that wanted to ensure that Carter got here as healthy as possible and he decided a c-section was the best way to achieve that.  It is a lot to recover from but so worth a healthy, happy little guy.

Below are various we have taken over the past week

The dogs are doing great with the whole transition...they are just a little sleep deprived like us.

Dad and Carter...my two handsome guys!
This is to give everyone an idea of how little our little guy is.

Naked Carter...my sister Erika took a lot of these pictures while she was here and they turned out so good!!!  Thanks Erika!

Side profile

Hi everyone I am so happy to be here with my mom and dad!!!
Carter right after they got him breathing...he scared us for the first few moments.
Everyone wanted a prego picture of me...well thank goodness I had McKay take one last weekend or I wouldn't have had one to share.  This is me three days before Carter arrived.

I love this pic he looks like a frog!
Carter is looking a little grey, the nurses took him from us at this point to get him more oxygen.  This is our first family picture with me still getting worked on, on the operating table.
Final picture for now...Carter one day old.

Thanks for everyone that has been so kind to help us on our little adventure.  We are excited to keep you up to date with the going ons of the Wadley family.  We are truely blessed.  I have been so lucky to have 3 of my 4 sisters come this week as well as my parents.  With the c-section it has been so nice to have them here helping with laundry, baby, meals and advise.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I want to see that cute little bundle of joy! What a wonderful mom you'll be! Reminds me that I'll get my gift card off to you! Congrats again!!!

Emily said...

What a cutie! I still can't believe how small he is. Congrats and remember I'm here if you need anything.

nic and krista said...

You have the cutest little boy ever!! What a cute little darling, the pictures are awesome! He is so tiny. We're glad to hear that you are both doing well. Good luck with the recovery.
Krista

Ashley said...

Congratulations! He is so cute. I love the pic where he is smiling with his little beanie. Wish I could hold little Carter. Love his peach fuzz. Enjoy the "honeymoon" AKA the first two weeks of life. They sleep all the time. What an angel baby. Good luck with everything.

Tara H. said...

We are so excited!! We can't wait to see and hold him! Glad that everyone is doing good. And I am so glad that so much of your family was able to come and help! And I am glad that there are still tons of family around to keep helping, so use them!!! Mom makes awesome meals :)
We love you guys!!
Love,
Tara

Lauren said...

He is so tiny and beautiful. I wish I could be there too, to hold him and love on him! I can't decide who he looks like yet, so keep the pics coming. I am so glad this blessing has come into your lives. Better late than never, right?! What McKay wrote made me cry, what a surprise. You guys will make the best parents, I love all 3 of you!!!

lvs2dance said...

Oh what a peanut! I can't wait to hold the little guy! I love the name too by the way! CONGRATS!