Thursday, September 4, 2008

The home coming

I didn't add these to the last post because it takes to long to upload pictures, so I'll slowly add them as time and alertness allows.  So we made through week 1 pretty well.  So far Carter just eats, sleeps and poops.  Not so bad.  I have been really tired the last day or two.  I thought I was feeling up to some closet cleaning and a walk to Ripples which is just one block away yesterday but it did me in.  I am still extra tired today, I guess I didn't realize how much the whole c-section, lack of sleep, caring for a new little one can take out of you!  I can't wait to at least be past the effects of the c-section so I can at least get out for walks in the nice weather we are having right now.  Anyway below are some pictures of Carters home coming and meet and greet with Griffin and Miles.  

When we got home I came inside first since I had been gone for 4 days I thought it would be better if I came in and gave the dogs a little attention before McKay brought Carter in.
We just set him down and let them sniff things out.  It is really amazing how dogs can be different when a baby is around.  They would sniff him all over, and still do, but they never try to lick him.  If anyone knows Griffin they know that he tries to lick anyone that will let him.  I have been impressed with the fact that he has not once done that with Carter.
Time for the full evalution.
Of course Miles being Miles lost interest faster than Grif...I am sure there was some fly sworm he had to attend to.  They still have to sniff Carter out once or twice a day.

Just another sweet picture of our little boy.  I just can't get enough of him, as tiring as this whole thing is, it is the best thing ever!  Thankfully my parents are still here helping out, McKay went back to work yesterday, so it has been nice to still have some help!!

Speaking of that little boy he just yelled out for me, so back to the grind.

9 comments:

Katy said...

Oh my goodness, he is so cute you guys! Congratulations!!
I love the pictures with the dogs.. it's great that they are transitioning well!
Love you guys!
Katy

Tolman Family said...

He's beautiful! Congratulations on a healthy and perfect little guy.

Enjoy these sweet moments. They seem to pass all too fast.

Take Care!

Love,
Justin, Libby & Boys

Unknown said...

He is so stinking cute!

Holwege Family said...

What a beautiful baby! The C-section thing does stink, but it does get easier. Just rest as much as you can.

Lauren said...

I'm amazed at how good the dogs are being, and I still can't believe how tiny Carter is! I'm sure he'll beef up real quick :)

lvs2dance said...

He is sooooo TINY! Especially in his dad's arms. I am so glad that his 'brothers' gave him such a warm reception. I hope that all is well and I can't wait to meet him!

Tara H. said...

Those pictures are so cute!! We love you baby Carter and can't wait to meet you! We love you all so much and I am so glad that things are gong well, one week down, a lifetime to go.
hugs and kisses all aroun!

Estela said...

Great pictures! Carter is adorable. Can't wait to see the two of you again :)

Little Star said...

Very Hansom boy! Fits right in with your cute little family!!!!

Congratulations!!!! You'll be a great mom.... I probably never told you this, but after i was baptized, and for years afterwards, i use to always watch your mom, and hope that some day i was like her... of all your sisters, you remind me of your mom the most... You're awesome!!!