Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas and The New Year

Well I haven't updated since Thanksgiving...once again no time!! We had a wonderful Christmas this year. We were able to drive to Portland and spend the whole time with my family. I hope they all didn't get too sick of hanging out so often! :) We had a great time so thanks to my parents, siblings and their families for making so much time to spend with us while we were there.

We started the trip with an amazing Blazer Game thanks to Joe and Rachelle for letting us go with them to the game and sit in their awesome seats! Carter went with us as well and did great; he even slept with all that noise. The Blazers played Phoenix, it was a close game and the Blazers won...man it was so good to be back in that arena. I hardly get the chance to even see the Blazers play on TV these days, let alone in person! Afterwards we all met up with Wes at El Gaucho’s in the Benson hotel downtown. That place was great! And it happened to be that it was mine and McKay’s 4th anniversary and the Benson is where we went after the reception, so it was funny we just happened to end up there that night. Thanks again to J and R for treating us to yummy crab cocktails and bananas foster....even though mine was a bit strong! Here is Carter at his first Blazer game. I will be doing my best to insure that he is a Blazer fan NOT a Jazz fan!!



The weather in Portland was absolutely crazy, for Portland anyway. We still got around pretty good but didn't have much time to do a whole lot extra besides hang with the fam. For those reading this wondering why I wasn't able to see you while I was in town, sorry we really were just too busy! We did the Blazer game, and then went wedding dress shopping the next night for Alyssa. She found a dress, it is beautiful! I would post a pic but people will just have to wait for the actual wedding to see her in it!!! The next day was Grants B-day, then Elle's. Then we actually wanted to just relax the next day and stayed out in St. Helen's at my parents, instead of going into Portland. We were able to meet up with Lauren and Rick the next night and it was good to catch up with them. Then it was basically Christmas activities and more hanging out at Joe and Rachelle's and Grant and Erika's. Anyway the whole trip was great! I wish the weather had been a little better so that getting from point A to B wouldn't have taken so long. I may have been able to see a few more people that way. I will work on getting the pictures uploaded to share with you all, hopefully soon. Here are a few of the snow.McKay couldn't believe that nobody cleared their driveways or sidewalks. I was like you have to understand, this just doesn't happen here. Nobody has snow shovels and when it does randomly snow here and there it just melts the next day anyway, so there is no need. So here is McKay clearing all the snow at my parent's house...he did this every day we were there! Thanks McKay!!







I have many more pictures but they aren't uploaded yet. I will hopefully get those posted over the next week or so. For New Years Emily and Travis came over and we played some games and ate some food. It was good fun! They left around 10:00 because Travis had to work early. McKay also had to work early but we stayed up for a while, I think we fell asleep around 11:45 and then woke up just after midnight, laughed, turned off the TV and went right back to sleep. I think once we have kids old enough I'll get back into the whole New Years thing but for now I'll take 10 more minutes of sleep!!! :) Well hopefully I'll post again really soon!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Oh and PS...I did not have time to do Christmas Cards this year, I am so sorry!! But thank you to those that sent them our way! I promise to get them out next year, so please don't take me off your list!!! :)

3 comments:

Deedee said...

Wow, all that snow and all that fun with your family!!! We missed not seeing you at Christmas and can't wait to hear all about your trip in person. Love, Deedee

lvs2dance said...

wow! I am so glad that I didn't have to shovel all that snow! It looks like you had a great christmas!

Tara H. said...

Good thing McKay had a lot of practice shoveling snow growing up, hehe. I am just so glad that you had a white Christmas!!! We miss you guys!
Thanks for the update and I am glad you had a great time with your fam!
Loves and kisses
xoxox