Monday, January 26, 2009

A whole lot of Firsts...

Okay wow I suck at blogging I know!!

And here I am and not a single picture to show. You have to understand I'll get on the computer at home and I'll start uploading pics and then walk a way. When I come back to the computer they aren't uploaded so I get frustrated and find something else to occupy my time, like some Mario Brothers 3! :) We are loving the old school Nitendo games at our house lately...I know what a complete waste of the few short hours I have at home each day!

Well this month has been a month of firsts around our house! It has been a lot of fun. We started out the month with Carter's first real laugh (not sure exactly what I mean by real:))

Then he his 4 month check up (a first because he has never had a 4 month check up before) and blew us away with his growth he is 26 inches long and weighed in at 14lbs.

Then we move onto his first really big chuckle, not just a small laugh but many laughs in a row, that was awesome! It is hard to get it out of him sometimes but well worth the effort once he lets go!

He had his first solid food (a piece of avacado) and then his first bowl of cereal came shortly after that.

We are rounding out the month with him being able to sit up on his own (no rolling yet, which I am so okay with!)

AND last but certainly not least are his first TEETH! (No not tooth, there are two of them). This one I am not ready for...I am just not looking forward to that FIRST BITE, if you know what I mean.

Yeah so the doctor told us a few weeks ago that his bottom 2 teeth were starting to bud, meaning they'll be coming in the next month or so. So I don't know why I was surprised when I looked in his mouth on my lunch break (because he was being abnormally fussy) and found that his two lower middle teeth had made a special appearance. I know people nurse through this and hopefully there won't be too much of an issue there, my goal is to make it another 3 or 4 months before we move to formula...but that could be a lot sooner if it becomes unpleasant for me!!

Anyway I will try to update some pictures on here soon because I really have a ton of cute ones, you maybe on over load once I start posting them!

Oh and yes there was also a first for me...or 31st that is... :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Yeah on all of the firsts. With the whole "biting" thing, I totally know how you feel. Hopefully, he will be a good boy. He is such a cute little guy. Hip Hooray for old school nintendo.

Deedee said...

Very exciting to hear all about Carter's firsts.....we do love his sweet little self...so handsome!!

Tara H. said...

Oh I loved to read about all the firsts! Would you tell him to stop growing so we don't miss so much!!:) And dont' worry about the teeth, I don't remember having any real issues at all with any of the kids, so good luck.
We love you guys!!!
xoxox