Monday, January 26, 2009

Playing Catch up...Christmas pics

I know, I know...most people haven't even had a chance to read my below post and here I am with some pictures already/finally. Anyway not much write since I updated earlier today. These pics are all from Christmas in Portland. I know it was a month ago but at least I am finally getting around to it!!


Here is Carter in his AWESOME cowboy hat that my sister Erika got for him! Can't wait to show it off at the Strawberry Days Rodeo this year!!!


My sister Erika and her family got 2 dogs in October. They are the same bread as Griffin and Miles, so now between the two of us we have every type of Cavalier Kings Charles Spaniel. Hers are too cute! Finn (black) and Fiona (Ruby), they are brother and sister.


For those of you that don't know my little sister Alyssa is engaged, here is a picture of her with her fiance Fred. They are a cute couple and Fred is a great guy, we already love him like family!


While in Portland it was Elle's 5th birthday and for that Erika made enough ginger bread for us to make houses. I have never done a house, except for the ones out the box where I just copy the picture. This was a lot more fun to actually be a little creative. We all had a great time making these! Thanks tah tah.


This is my nephew Jace holding Carter. He was so cute, he wanted to make sure he got to hold him everytime we all hung out.


Here is Carter with my Grandma, his Great Grandma Tolman


And here he is with his Great Grandpa Tolman. It was great to be able to visit with my grandparents while we were there. We always make sure we stop by to see them.


This is an awesome pic! This is my dad with Carter. One minute I looked over and my dad was holding Carter and Carter had just fallin asleep, the next time I look over and see that my dad has joined Carter for a little snooze as well.


Not the best pic but the only one I had with my parents in it as well. Here we are, these are my sisters and my parents...these pictures never feel quite right. All the pictures I have that we took that night, I keep looking at them thinking we were missing someone and we are and always will be. You'd just think over time that the feeling would be somewhat less but it isn't. We will always be missing Adam.


Here is a picture of all the kids. Man it is hard to get a decent picture when you have 11 kids in the same photo. They are in order of age, from top to bottom, left to right we have Riley, Austin, Macey, Olivia, Ashlyn, Jace, Ethan, Taylor, Josie, Elle and baby Carter.

I have more to come...I am really going to try to get this totally caught up so I can disappear for another month! :)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I haven't seen a pic of the whole family since Adam died and seeing your parents with their 5 daughters really IS weirder than you'd think. Weird for me too. Some days I can't wrap my brain around the fact that it's been 3 1/2 years. Time just keeps moving and moving, whether or not you're moving with it.
Erika's dogs are so cute and all the kids are growing up so fast, it blows my mind. I guess that's what also happens in 3 1/2 years :) Carter is getting so big, I like to see all the pics of him changing. Next thing you know he'll have a full mouth of teeth grinning at you :)
Love you and keep up the pics!

Ashley said...

Carter is the cutest cowboy I have ever laid eyes on. I can't beleive your sister is getting married. When? We all miss Adam. At least we know where he is and not just missing in some picture. Yeah for staying home. Can't wait to do play dates and lunch!

Little Star said...

Great Pictures!!!! Not hard to have when you have such a good looking family right!!!!

Deedee said...

The wait is finally over...pics of Christmas. Looks like you all enjoyed being together!! I think my favorite is Carter in the cowboy hat and then next to that is your dad and Carter sleeping in the chair..priceless!

Heidi said...

That picture of your Dad is funny, what's also funny is babies seem to have the same effect on my Dad.
Love ya Cuz, Nick